PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 10, 2011

Laundry Room Renovation

So long story very short. 
I *thought* someone broke into our house at 2am Sunday night. 
Good news is I was wrong. Bad news is our shelving unit in the laundry room decided to fall. OUT OF THE WALL!
Grrr.  Now the shelves had not been anchored properly and I had wanted to re-do this room since we moved in 5+ years ago but, spending money on a room I wash clothes in is pretty low on our priority list.
Now that being said. In the spirit of the new year and cleaning things out. I dove right in.
 I will admit Brian was not convinced I could get it done with Jackson but, give a girl a dare and watch what she can accomplish. After about day 2 he jumped on board and was a huge help. 
I needed some heavy lifting done. :)

This is a before shot {sideways, tilt your head to the left}
The holes are from the shelving falling out.


This mess I can't blame on anyone but, myself. 
Clutter, party of one.
NO wonder I hated this room and I always thought 
 it was folding the clothes that got me.
{sideways again}
Mess from shelves that fell.
{sideways} This was a top shelf that 
didn't fall but, very full of stuff.
This is what our mudroom looks like with everything
 out of the laundry room.
It only took me one day to make this mess. lol
HOLY MOLY I am embarrassed of all that stuff!
After I patched the walls. What a mess and 
check out our super modern wallpaper.
 
Jackson being cute while mommy worked, he asked to 
put on this "perfect" shirt with his hat.
He cracks me up.
Primed and getting started painting.
Handsome hubby making a pirate face getting in on the action. Thank the Lord he is tall. 
My arms were sore trying to reach the ceiling.
I also followed this tutorial and made 
this to put in the room.
AND...
Drumroll please.
The much improved laundry room.
I am so happy we tackled this.
{please ignore my crazy voice. ugh, why is 
it so awful to hear yourself on video}


Are you cleaning up/out anything this new years?

xoxo ra

5 comments:

Kari said...

Your new laundry room looks fabulous. I love the new board. I still need your address for the pay it forward...unless your forfeiting. let me know. XOXO

Brown Girl said...

it looks great! if i was more handy I could update some stuff, alas I am not.

Kelley said...

Love it! I really need to do the same to mine....ugh.

Cisilia "cc" said...

It really does look like a new room. And now I will copy that corkboard..

Unknown said...

Are you searching for the best Laundry renovation services in Malvern East? If so, look no further than us. We specialize in Laundry renovation services and we provide fair and quick services. So, choose better services for a better lifestyle, Client satisfaction is our priority. For more details you can visit our website or Call us on 0406 336 465!