PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sentimental

This is a ridiculously sentimental mommy post. 
So if you are not in the mood for gushing,
 I may just skip this one.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed with love for my little family.
Seriously, I look in the face of this little guy 
and could almost choke with love.
No really, like the in the stomach punch that we got this amazing kid. One who sings jingle bells year round, who when he
 wants to get our attention when he is super excited
says "Hey, Guys!", one who says he loves Canda {panda} bears, and hums when he gives us snuggles. It's like we won the kid lottery. I am sure when he is 16 and I can't get him to wake up to get to school on time and he is way to cool to snuggle his parents anymore. It will make us bummed but, right now. We are
 really in this sweet place of just drinking it in. 

I look at my husband and really am overcome with emotion. 
We did this. This was our dream.
When we were out on the lake, in our boat and just 4
 months into our relationship. We dreamed of this.
We dreamed of today. We talked about how one
 day if we had a son his name would be Jackson.
We dreamed of playing baseball in the front yard 
and trips to get ice cream.
Here we are.

Today I am overcome with love
This little family, it is perfect for us at this time.
I am getting closer to the big 3-0. 
I guess it's supposed to be this life changing age thing to swallow.
I won't say I haven't momentarily moments where I freaked
but, most of the time I am sitting on the thankful seat.
Ready for the next chapter. 

{and this love fest wouldn't be complete with out a picture}



6 comments:

donna said...

What a beautiful post Ra! I have days ( a lot of days) like this. I'm realizing that lately my prayers are filled with more "thank yous" than "i wants".

Kelley said...

Thanks for making me cry so early in the morning! I am SO proud of you my love. You wanted it, and you got it! And then some. You deserve every little bit. Love you!

Michelle said...

Love this. I feel the same way. The "kid lottery". You'll appreciate this post so much more when he's 16 and too cool for snuggles.

I love holding my kids as much as I can now. I'm banking it all for later.

Kim said...

What a beautiful post.. tearing up!

Cisilia "cc" said...

I still have those days ... Being a mom is the greatest "gift" knowing you will hold their heart for a lifetime.
I love you forever, I will like you for always.
As long as I am living my baby you will be!!

Nana said...

.....you are a very special person....kids are loved dearly, but "grand kids" are loved extra dearly!!!!! Thanks for all you do!